+ 2019 dates to remember:
• Jul.24-Jul.26: OMG ticket sale ($550) registration period
• Jul.31 (Wed): OMG ticket sale begins at Noon PST
• Aug.25 (Sun): Black Rock City gates open at 12:01am PST
• Aug.31 (Sat): The Man burns
• Sept.1 (Sun): The Temple burns
+ Residency Costs:
For 2019, the total upfront camp fee will be $400 *. That amount includes a $100 refundable deposit (see below). The remaining (non-refundable) amount is each resident’s contribution to support RhythmWave’s ongoing infrastructure and operating costs. Of course, if for some reason you don’t actually attend Burning Man this year, your payment will be refunded to you, no questions asked. If, on the other hand, you DO attend Burning Man but (inexplicably) decide to camp somewhere else, we will need time to bring someone in from our waiting list – in which case, you will receive a refund if you notify us no later than Wednesday, August 7, 2019.
+ Refundable Deposit:
ALL camp residents are expected to participate in camp strike, beginning after lunch on Sunday, 09/01/2019 (typically through mid-day Monday). To that end, and as an incentive to stick around, RW will discount the camp fee of everyone who participates in strike by $100. Basically, that means that $100 of the total $400 camp fee will be refunded by the end of September to everyone who fully participates in camp strike.
+ Camp Service:
RhythmWave is a highly participatory service camp – and our service is to provide opportunities for conscious dance and movement to all citizens of Black Rock City. In that regard, ALL RhythmWave residents will be scheduled for three Hold shifts, at which they will hold space on the floor (in whatever way works for them – dancing not required) for that entire event (excluding 7:00am and 10:00pm events). For Guides (teachers, facilitators, etc.), their own event(s) WILL count as part of their three.
In addition, ALL RhythmWave residents will be asked to complete ONE camp kitchen shift and ONE camp auxiliary shift (Program Support, ice runs, recycling, etc.). Total time for both will equate to roughly four hours of camp service over the course of the week.
If you camp with RW at Burning Man, have no doubt that your contributions will have a positive impact on the experience of hundreds of other Burners from around Black Rock City.
+ Camp Features:
• Shade – There is considerable public shade around the camp and tent campers will be provided for. People who bring their own shade structures are encouraged (and, to a degree, expected) to share.
• Showers – The camp provides a stand-alone shower (either one large or two smaller stalls) with a hanging apparatus for shower bags. Residents who would like to shower (encouraged) will need to bring their own FULL shower bag.
• Chill Space – Residents, guests, and visitors are all welcome to enjoy our Chill/Costume Combo. It’s a great place to crash for those who arrive in camp after dark. It’s also a great place to find that perfect, missing accessory. In 2018, RW may also have a separate sanctuary/healing arts space.
• Recycling – The camp provides areas for recyclables EXCEPT glass. Residents are encouraged not to bring glass, but are responsible for their own if they do. ALL residents will be asked to pack out a bag of camp recycling and/or trash when leaving Black Rock City.
The rule of thumb for life in Black Rock City is that all humans should consume a minimum of 1.5 gallons of water per day. To make that goal a little easier to achieve, RhythmWave provides one (1) gallon of drinking water per person, per day in camp (Sunday through Sunday). Assuming we have 55 residents, all of whom are in camp for 7+ days, each drawing one gallon per day… that alone is almost 400 gallons. So camp residents are also asked to bring (at least) one FULL container (5 – 7 gallons, like this one) of potable water.
• Should residents bring their own water? – Absolutely, yes. It’s a desert, after all. Camp water should be considered supplemental to what people bring themselves.
• Can camp water be used to fill shower bags? – No. All residents are expected to bring their own FULL shower bag (if they intend to shower, that is). The water from the tank will be drinkable… water in a shower bag doesn’t need to be.
• If I arrive on Tuesday, can I have more the rest of the week? – Again, no. RhythmWave will provide one gallon of drinking water per day in camp.
In general, RW is unable to accommodate RVs (motor homes or trailer+vehicle) over 34’ in total length; large, single-occupancy RVs are discouraged (and will be frowned at).
+ Overnight Guests:
Overnight guests are welcome for up to TWO consecutive nights. Longer stay guests are discouraged. Also, any registered camp resident who arrives with someone who is NOT registered will be asked to camp offsite. If this happens, the resident’s camp fee will be refunded by the end of September.
EVERY camp resident is considered a member of the camp strike crew, which will begin after lunch on Sunday, 09/01. People who stay and fully participate in camp strike (not just pack up their own stuff) will be reimbursed their $100 deposit.