+ 2018 dates to remember:
+ Residency Costs:
For 2018, the total upfront camp fee will be $350. That amount includes a $100 refundable deposit (see below). The remaining (non-refundable) amount is each resident’s contribution to support RhythmWave’s ongoing infrastructure and operating costs. Of course, if for some reason you don’t actually attend Burning Man this year, your payment will be refunded to you, no questions asked. If, on the other hand, you DO attend Burning Man but (inexplicably) decide to camp somewhere else, we will need time to bring someone in from our waiting list – in which case, you will receive a refund if you notify us no later than July 31, 2018.
+ Refundable Deposit:
ALL camp residents are expected to participate in camp strike, beginning after lunch on Sunday, 09/02/2018 (typically through mid-day Monday). To that end, and as an incentive to stick around, RW will discount the camp fee of everyone who participates in strike by $100. Basically, that means that $100 of the total $350 camp feel will be refunded by the end of September to everyone who fully participates in camp strike.
+ Meal Plan o’Plenty:
RhythmWave’s Meal Plan o’Plenty is available only to registered camp residents. For 2018, the meal plan will be $260 per person; from supper on Sunday, 08/26, through Sunday, 09/02. Healthy snacks (fruit, nuts, nut butters, rice cakes, etc.) and leftovers, when there are any, are also available to plan participants throughout the day. Everyone should bring their own plate, bowl, cup, cutlery, etc. – whatever is needed to make the playa dining experience enjoyable. Also, gifted food items are gratefully accepted. Food gifts might include: ground coffee, teas, chips, crackers, gluten-free snacks, pre-cooked bacon, fresh produce, etc. Items that keep well in the heat, without need of cooling, are preferred. And speaking of cooling, kitchen coolers are for kitchen use only. Personal items should be kept in personal coolers in personal areas.
+ Camp Service:
RhythmWave is a highly participatory “service” camp – and our service is to provide opportunities for conscious dance and movement to all citizens of Black Rock City. In that regard, all registered RW campers are asked to serve on two “Teams” and commit to TWO hours of camp service per Team over the course of the week. How folks spend that time will depend on the Teams they choose. Basically, we ask everyone who camps with RhythmWave to put in about FOUR total hours of “work” during the week, on behalf of the camp.
+ Camp Features:
• Shade – There is considerable public shade around the camp and tent campers will be provided for. People who bring their own shade structures are encouraged (and, to a degree, expected) to share.
• Showers – The camp provides a stand-alone shower (either one large or two smaller stalls) with a hanging apparatus for shower bags. Residents who would like to shower (encouraged) will need to bring their own FULL shower bag.
• Chill Space – Residents, guests, and visitors are all welcome to enjoy our Chill/Costume Combo. It’s a great place to crash for those who arrive in camp after dark. It’s also a great place to find that perfect, missing accessory. In 2018, RW may also have a separate sanctuary/healing arts space.
• Recycling – The camp provides areas for recyclables EXCEPT glass. Residents are encouraged not to bring glass, but are responsible for their own if they do. ALL residents will be asked to pack out a bag of camp recycling and/or trash when leaving Black Rock City.
+ Camp Arrival:
We try very hard to maintain a cohesive camp community at RhythmWave. It really is like a big, wacky family reunion. Continuity and connection are important aspects of that, so (unforeseen circumstances permitting) ALL residents are expected to arrive in camp in time for our first all-hands meet-n-greet on Tuesday, 08/28/2018, at 2:00pm. Pre-arranged late arrivals will be considered, but on an individual basis. On the other hand, arrivals prior to Sunday, 08/26, can be difficult to manage. Early arrival is for the sole and express purpose of building camp, so residents who are not part of the Set-up Crew (you’ll know) are asked not to arrive prior to Sunday.
In general, RW is unable to accommodate RVs (motor homes or trailer+vehicle) over 34’ in total length; large, single-occupancy RVs are discouraged (and will be frowned at).
The rule of thumb for life in Black Rock City is that all humans should consume a minimum of 1.5 gallons of water per day. To make that goal a little easier to achieve, RhythmWave provides one (1) gallon of drinking water per person, per day in camp (Sunday through Sunday). Assuming we have 55 residents, all of whom are in camp for 7+ days, each drawing one gallon per day… that alone is almost 400 gallons. So camp residents are also asked to bring (at least) one FULL container (5 – 7 gallons, like this one) of potable water.
• Should residents bring their own water? – Absolutely, yes. It’s a desert, after all. Camp water should be considered supplemental to what people bring themselves.
• Can camp water be used to fill shower bags? – No. All residents are expected to bring their own FULL shower bag (if they intend to shower, that is). The water from the tank will be drinkable… water in a shower bag doesn’t need to be.
• If I arrive on Tuesday, can I have more the rest of the week? – Again, no. RhythmWave will provide one gallon of drinking water per day in camp.
+ Overnight Guests:
Overnight guests are welcome for up to TWO consecutive nights. Longer stay guests are discouraged. Also, any registered camp resident who arrives with someone who is NOT registered will be asked to camp offsite. If this happens, the resident’s camp fee will be refunded by the end of September.
EVERY camp resident is considered a member of the camp strike crew. People who stay and fully participate in camp strike (not just pack up their own stuff) will be reimbursed their $100 deposit by the end of September 2018.