+ Important dates/times:
– Aug.22 (Wed.) – First day for early arrival; unload begins mid-day
– Aug.24 (Fri.) – ALL crew in camp, ready to work by mid-day
– Aug.26 (Sun) – Black Rock City gates open at 12:01am
– Sept.1 (Sat.) – The Man burns
– Sept.2 (Sun.) – Camp strike begins at 1:00pm
– Sept.2 (Sun.) – The Temple burns
+ Work Access Passes (formerly known as Early Arrival):
All RhythmWave Work Access Passes (WAP) have been accounted for and distributed. Remember to print and bring your WAP with you, just like your ticket and vehicle pass.
+ 2018 Set-up:
Everyone on the set-up crew (who is using a RhythmWave WAP) is expected to be in camp and ready to work no later than mid-day Friday, 08/24. Work will actually begin on Thursday (and as early as Wednesday afternoon), so all hands on deck!
The following are our Leads for set-up:
• Containers – Rich and PopTart
• Floor – Coyote and Ken (w/Allan)
• Dance Shade – Breeze (w/Melt & Mikaal)
• Infrastructure and Camp Shade – Huggy Bear (w/Shannon)
• Kitchen – Nicole (w/Rogue & Solara)
• Chill/Costume Space – Button & AhMuse (w/Kayti)
• Compost/Gray water/Shower – Nicole & Z. (w/Melt & Wisch)
• Alter(s) – Orion & Wisch
Generally speaking, what they say goes. Beyond that, we don’t really establish teams for specific areas – things tend to flow pretty naturally and we all just do what we gotta do. That said, in terms of priority, unloading the containers comes first, then we build the shade structure and the dance floor. To facilitate those priority efforts, we all drop what we’re doing when needed (“Flooooooor!”).
+ Food During Set-up:
Meals are provided for the set-up crew beginning with Thursday breakfast and continuing through Sunday brunch. Everyone who arrives early is also asked to bring an item to share (click the link below). Please come prepared to fully hydrate yourself upon arrival (water is delivered at an unspecified time on Saturday).
If you’ve not done so yet, sign up for set-up food here > https://goo.gl/XDdR5c